Decided to take the bait and buy. Holy $%/+, this is actually pretty awesome. I look forward to this coming out!
A downloadable game
Voidheart Symphony is available to preorder now - go there to reserve your physical book or card deck, or if you just want the PDF buy it here and get all future updates.
Voidheart Symphony is a standalone sequel to Rhapsody of Blood, updating that game’s bloodsoaked gothic action to the modern day. The grand bloodlines have disappeared, and the castle now spreads its insidious tendrils throughout your city – gifting terrible power to those who will use it to oppress others, enrich themselves, and tilt this world closer to the void.
But there are some who fight back. Your characters are rebels who have realised the scale of the castle‘s corruption and decided to push back. Without a bloodline’s resources helping them, though, they’ll have to scrounge for adventuring gear. They’ll have to find their own allies willing to help them out. And they’ll have to somehow find a balance between raiding the castle and maintaining their mundane life.
As you play, you’ll jump between the shadow world and the mundane world to hunt down the castle‘s vassals and rob them of their power. You’ll steal some of that power for yourself, growing and changing as it helps you become who you truly wish to be. And as your revolution spreads from your block to your borough to a city-wide uprising, what monsters will the castle unleash to stop the creatures you have become?
- Mundane world rules focused on resisting society’s pressures and keeping your character healthy, happy and sane.
- 22 different Covenants to form with the other main characters and supporting characters out there in the world – each with their own perks and ways of improving them.
- The dramatic action of Rhapsody of Blood’s castle explorations and boss fights, adapted and improved.
- Seven new rebel playbooks, each with different abilities in the castle and out in the modern world.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $13.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Version 0.4 - World and Void edition40 days ago
- v0.3.2 - Flowchart editionNov 05, 2019
- Rules TweaksOct 25, 2019
- Kickstarter! plus v0.3.1: Fealty EditionOct 20, 2019
- v0.3: Blood and Sweat editionOct 06, 2019
- Voidheart hits Kickstarter in three weeks!Sep 25, 2019
- Version 0.2 - Daily Grind editionAug 27, 2019
- Version 0.1.4 - Full Deck EditionJul 18, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I picked this up almost as soon as you put it up, I loved Rhapsody of Blood's concept and was excited to see your modern day spin on it! Good luck with the kickstarter.
If you're still looking for new names for positive/negative projects, I'd suggest improvement and maintenance, respectively.
Any chance for a starter setting? Something with places, characters, secrets and plots.
Ok, you got my money. I can't wait to read the full doc. Men, this game deserves a cool set of pictures, an improbable mix between Darkest Dungeon and Persona.
I loved what you did with Rhapsody of Blood!
Jay, this is a wonderful progression of the best World of Legacy. I love what you've done with it.
With all stats starting at -1, does the game start fairly weak and chaotic? I can't envision how that'd play out.
Thanks Aaron! The intent is that you get better pretty quickly, and your chances of success aren’t bad if others are helping you. Also remember that you’ll likely have 2 covenant moves as well, which, if they roll, will be rolling +1. I might tweak how quickly you gain static when you’re starting out, though.